I am not a fan of the winter weather. I have lived in Minnesota all my life, and I am STILL not used to the cold and snow, but I deal with it.
My biggest pet peeve about the winter weather is that my skin gets extremely dry and ashy. While I could easily hide my ashy legs, feet, and arms under my clothes, I couldn't roll like that.
Here are a few tips on how to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized during the cold winter months:
- Drink plenty of water. Water is good for your body and helps keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Drink alcohol in moderation. Alcohol dries your skin out and can lead to dehydration and give your skin a dull appearance.
- Moisturize your skin when your skin is damp. This helps lock in moisture.
- Use a humidifier. Humidifiers help keep your skin protected while indoors. They replenish the humidity back into the air and add moisture and hydration back to your skin.
- Moisturize your hands. Covid is still lingering on top of cold and flu season, rearing its ugly head this time of year. Frequent handwashing can dry out your skin. We recommend using our Ultra-Hydrating Whipped Shea Butter to help replenish the moisture and hydration back into your skin without the greasy residue!