Did you know that all candles are not created equal? My love for candles heavily inspired my decision to be a candle maker. I would go to my favorite retail stores and nearly run to the candle section just to smell all of the candles (I still do). I felt like I was in heaven every time!
I enjoy smelling all of the unique scent blends and the packaging, and it's so relaxing because going out in public is a lot for this introvert. LOL!
If you are like me and love candle shopping, here are some key factors you can use to identify quality candles:
- Wax Type: Quality candles are usually made from pure, natural waxes such as beeswax, soy wax, or coconut wax. These waxes tend to burn cleanly and slowly and are better for the environment than synthetic alternatives.
- Wick Material: Cotton wicks are the best choice for candles, as they are natural and do not contain metal. Make sure the wick is centered correctly and stands upright when the candle is lit.
- Fragrance: High-quality candles should have a strong, long-lasting fragrance evenly distributed throughout the wax. The candle will likely be of better quality if the scent is strong enough.
- Burn Time: A high-quality candle should have a long burn time, allowing you to enjoy it for several hours without having to light a new one constantly.
- Appearance: A well-made candle should have a smooth surface, straight sides, and a well-formed top. The color should be consistent throughout the candle without discoloration or streaking.
- Price: While it's not always the case, higher-priced candles often indicate better quality ingredients and manufacturing processes. However, you should still examine the other factors mentioned above to ensure you're getting a good product.
- Brand Reputation: Research the brand before purchasing a candle. Read reviews, ask for recommendations from friends, and look for certifications from reputable organizations.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and find a candle that is of high quality and provides a pleasant experience.
If you're looking for candles that check all boxes, you will love our candle collection.